15 - 24 October 2015
Music, lyrics and book adaptation for the musical Oliver! were written by Lionel Bart.
Hailed as one of the greatest musicals of all time, OLIVER!, based on the Charles Dickens novel "Oliver Twist", is the story of a young orphan boy who wanted more. Bringing Charles Dickens' beloved novel to life, Lionel Bart's Oliver! takes audiences on a wild adventure through Victorian England and London's underworld of theft and violence.
The brilliant musical score includes an array of favourite songs including: "Consider Yourself", "Food Glorious Food", "You've Got To Pick A Pocket Or Two", "As Long As He Needs Me", "I'd Do Anything", "Where Is Love?" and many more. OLIVER! is a musical classic - engagingly powerful and ultimately uplifting - an unforgettable story of a remarkable boy in search of love, family and his place in the world.
There will be nine performances from the 15 October to the 24 October 2015 in the Geoffrey McComas Theatre, James Forbes Academy, Scotch College Campus, Morrison St. Hawthorn.
- Thursday 15 October, 7.45pm (Preview/Charity performance)
- Friday 16 October, 7.45pm (Opening night)
- Saturday 17 October, 2.00pm
- Saturday 17 October, 7.45pm
- Sunday 18 October, 2.00pm
- Thursday 22 October, 7.45pm
- Friday 23 October, 7.45pm
- Saturday 24 October, 2.00pm
- Saturday 24 October, 7.45pm
- Director - Barbara Hughes
- Music Director - John Ferguson
- Choreographer - Jenny Vincent-Green
- Vocal Coach - Janet Provan
- Set Design - Richard Perdriau
- Lighting Design - Danny Issko
- Sound Design - Glenn Bardwell
- Costume Design - Chloe Thomas
- Production Manager - Keith Stubley
- Stage Management - Sam Hornstein
- Producer - Richard Beveridge